Rooms represent one of the physical spaces your users can book in Kadence. Rooms are linked to your rooms calendar, and work by pulling your bookings and events directly from your Outlook (and soon Google) calendars.
This article covers:
- You must be at least a global or building admin in Kadence
- You must be using the Kadence web app
Creating a room*
- In order to add rooms, you will need to have enabled calendar integration. See Calendar Integrations for Rooms
- Once calendar integration is set up, go to the floor you want to add a room to
- Click “Add” on the right side of the page, then click “Room”
- Enter the name of the room
- Click on the green camera next to the room icon to choose an image of the room
- Enter the room capacity
- Add the amenities the room will have. For information on how to set up amenities see: Adding an amenity
- On the right-hand side you will need to select the calendar associated with this room
- Once you are happy with the room details click “Add”
- Rooms are visible at the floor level under the “Rooms” tab next to “Desks”
Note: New rooms can take several hours to propagate across Microsoft's servers, and therefore will not appear as selectable calendars above straight away. Please wait a few hours after creating a new room in Microsoft and try again.
Editing a room
- In the floor view click on the “Rooms” tab and click on the three dots (⋮) next to the room you want to edit
- Click “Edit Room”. Here you can:
- Change the name of the room
- Change the photo of the room by clicking the green camera next to the room icon/image
- Change the room capacity
- Change the amenities the room has. For information on how to set up amenities see: Adding an amenity
- Change the calendar associated with this room
- Once you are happy with the changes click “Save”
Deleting a room*
- In the floor view click on the “Rooms” tab and click on the three dots (⋮) next to the room you want to delete
- Click “Delete Room”
- You will be prompted to confirm the choice to delete the room
Note: Deleting a room will delete all information on Kadence, the room in the calendar app will no longer be linked to Kadence. This action will not delete the room or associated calendar events in your calendar app. Once a room has been deleted you cannot restore it.
*Newly added rooms will instantly be fully functional. To reflect any changes on your floor plan please contact our Customer Success Team on email@example.com. Creating and updating floor plans requires specialist skills so to ensure a great customer experience we take that job off of your plate.