This article covers:
- You must be a global admin in Kadence
- You must have a OneLogin license
- You must have access to a OneLogin admin account
The integration with OneLogin lets you use OneLogin as your single sign-on and multi-factor authentication service to access Kadence (formerly Chargifi) Cloud. This adds an extra layer of security for our customers.
For users to be able to log in to Kadence with their OneLogin account, user accounts need to be created in Kadence with the same email address as their OneLogin user.
Getting the Required Information in OneLogin
To get the information you require from OneLogin to set up the SSO feature, do the
- Sign into your OneLogin organisation as a user with administrative privileges
- In the OneLogin control panel, go to Applications > OneLogin Application
- Click on SSO in the application
- Copy your Client ID and save it for later.
- For Client Secret, select Show client secret and save it for later.
- For Issuer URL, right-click Well-known Configuration, and save the URL for later.
Note: The issuer URL should look like https://XXXX.onelogin.com/oidc/2/.well-known/openid-configuration
Integrate OneLogin with Kadence Cloud
- Go to the Kadence web app > Settings in the lower left-hand corner > Integrations > Single sign-on (SSO) > OneLogin > Set up single sign-on
- Paste your Client ID and Client Secret into the corresponding fields
- Paste your Issuer URL in the Issuer URL field
- Click Add
- A confirmation message will appear to let you know the integration was successful
Obtaining Single Sign-On (SSO) Access
You can manage your Single Sign-On (SSO) Integrations yourself as long as you are a global admin. Otherwise, please contact your global admin for assistance.
That's it! You are all ready to go.