This article covers:
- You must be at least a global admin in Kadence
- You must have admin access to your directory or get help from your directory administrator
Preparing to sync your directory to Kadence
- Navigate to demo.workos.com
- Under "Directory Sync", click on “Configure Directory Sync”
- Select your directory provider from the available options, and click “Get Started”
- Each provider has a unique set of instructions. We recommend going through step-by-step to understand what is needed when you are ready to go live
- Before enabling the Directory Sync in Kadence, we recommend you block/filter the email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Welcome to Kadence. Blocking this email will prevent your employees being sent an email asking them to set up their passwords, and will allow you time to send your own internal communications about Kadence. This is especially useful if you are using SSO, and want your employees to only sign in with their company credentials
- If you are using SSO, we also recommend setting up a two part rule to block any "Reset your password" emails from the domain email@example.com. Blocking this email will prevent your employees from requesting password reset emails to bypass SSO.
Note: Do not block the email address firstname.lastname@example.org as other useful notifications are sent from this email such as booking confirmations, check-in reminders, and cancellation notifications. We only want to block the welcome and password reset emails to allow internal communications, and also to encourage logging in via SSO.
Creating your directory sync
- Login to Kadence as a global admin: https://auth.chargifi.com/en/login
- Navigate to "Settings" in the lower left hand corner, then "Integrations"
- Click on "Add directory sync", then "Continue" to launch the setup wizard
- Select your directory provider, and follow the step-by-step instructions to enable directory sync
- Depending on the provider and the amount of users and/or groups you are syncing, a complete directory sync may take upwards of 24 hours to complete
Note: This guide is for Directory Sync only - not Single Sign On (SSO). We have configuration guides for our supported SSO providers which you can find here: Admin Settings: Integrations