If you have delegated users in your Outlook that must manually approve/reject room bookings, detailed below is how this interaction works in Kadence.
When a user places a room booking on a room that requires approval the following happens:
- The booking is placed in Kadence and shows as 'Booked'
- An email request is sent by O365 to the approver of the room asking them to approve or reject the request
- An email is sent by O365 to inform the booker of the room that the request is pending approval
- If the admin accepts the booking then it remains in Kadence and an email is sent to the booker informing them the room has been booked by O365
- If the admin rejects the booking then it gets cancelled in Kadence and an email is sent to the booker informing them the room has been rejected by O365
Note: While a booking is pending approval on a room Kadence will not allow anyone else to book that room.
To learn how to set delegates to approve/reject room bookings, we recommend this Microsoft article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/recipients/room-mailboxes?view=exchserver-2019#change-how-a-room-mailbox-handles-meeting-requests