Easily communicate, and coordinate group activities or events by starring your colleagues in Kadence.
This article covers:
- How to star and unstar your colleagues
- Compare schedules for the current and upcoming weeks
- Enabling/disabling notifications
How to star and unstar your colleagues
- Navigate to "Directory" from the left-hand menu, then search for the person you'd like to star
- You can then either click on the star directly from the directory, or click into their profile and star them from there
- If you'd like to remove someone from your starred colleagues, simply click on their star again to unstar them.
Compare schedules for the current and upcoming weeks
Compare when you and your starred colleagues are planning on being in the office and coordinate to meet up.
- Navigate to the "Homepage" from the left-hand menu
- In the lower right-hand corner you will see a Kadence comparison chart showing yourself and your starred colleagues in a list
- It will by default show you the Kadence of your starred colleagues for the current week, but you can also see what they have planned further out by clicking on "Next week"
This comparison widget updates automatically when your starred colleagues create or cancel bookings, or when they check in so you always stay up to date with what’s happening. The icons reflect how your colleague’s week will look at a glance, and also change colours based on booking status:
- The palm tree icon shows days when a user is not working
- The house icon shows days when a user is working remotely
- The building icon signifies a day that the user will be in the office, and is the only icon that changes colour:
- Grey means they have not yet made a booking for that day, but it is typically a day they would be in the office
- Orange shows that the user has made a booking for that day and intends to come in
- Blue means the user has checked into their booking and is physically present in the office
Notifications will keep you up to date with your starred colleague's activities and if their plans change by sending you emails and instant messages*.
With starred colleague notifications enabled you will be notified when one of your starred colleagues creates a booking in your preferred office for this or next week. You will also get notified if a user checked in or cancels a booking that’s overlapping with your own for this or next week ensuring that you never waste a trip into the office. You can receive those notifications via email and/or instant messenger (Slack or MS Teams).
If you have the email notifications enabled, you will also receive a weekly summary email on Friday morning (if your location is set in Kadence) giving you a great overview of when you and your starred colleagues are planning to be in the office. From here you can decide which days are best for getting together and on which ones you might prefer to work remotely.
To control the notifications you receive:
- Navigate to your profile by clicking on your profile picture in the upper right-hand corner, then "Profile"
- Click on "Profile settings" and from here you can toggle the starred colleagues email and/or instant messenger notifications on or off*
*Note: Instant messenger notifications are only applicable to those using the Kadence for Slack or MS Teams apps.
Please sign in to leave a comment.