Neighborhoods are a great way to organise your desks, or restrict booking access by assigning one or more teams to neighborhoods.
This article covers:
- You must be at least a global or building admin in Kadence
- You must be using the Kadence web app
Creating a neighborhood
Create neighborhoods to manage your employees and where they book by following the steps below:
- Click on the floor you want to add a neighborhood to
- Click “Add” on the right side of the page, then click “Neighborhoods”
- Enter the name of the neighborhood
- Newly created neighborhoods will be public by default. Toggle on the "Restrict neighborhood access" toggle to make a neighborhood private and assign it to specific teams.
- You can also assign multiple teams to the same neighborhood on the same or different days. Note that unticking a day for all teams will make the neighborhood unavailable for all users.
- On the right-hand side, you can add desks by searching for them or by clicking desks on the interactive floor plan
- Once you are happy with your selection click “Add”
- Neighborhoods are visible on the left-hand side of the floor view under the “Desks” tab. You can expand and collapse neighborhoods and hover over them to see which desks belong to them
Note: You can only restrict access to existing teams. To learn how to create teams, see: managing teams for more information
Editing a neighborhood
Feel free to edit neighborhoods whenever you want by following the steps below:
- In the floor view click on the three dots (⋮) next to the neighborhood you wish to edit
- Click “Edit neighborhood”. Here you can:
- Change the name of the neighborhood
- Make your neighborhood public or private by clicking on the "Restrict neighborhood access" toggle. Assign teams to a private neighborhood on certain or all days.
- Add or remove desks from the neighborhood by clicking on the cross (x) or by clicking desks on the interactive floor plan
- Once you are happy with the changes, click “Save”
Deleting a neighborhood
If you no long have use for a neighborhood, follow the steps below to remove it from your instance:
- In the floor view click on the three dots (⋮) next to the neighborhood you wish to delete
- Click “Delete neighborhood”
- You will be prompted to confirm the choice to delete the neighborhood
Note: Any associated resources will remain on the system but will not be associated with the deleted neighborhood.