This article covers:
- You must be at least a global or building admin to see insights
- You must be using the Kadence web app
The “Insights” tab will show you your company’s usage statistics. The main hub will display an overall usage view; however, you can easily filter this view by date as well as by building and floor.
All of the charts in the Insights view can be interacted with for more information. Hover over any of the charts to see data points like capacity booked, occupancy, and capacity wasted.
The Insights overview contains the following:
- Locations: This section will show you your total number of buildings, floors, neighborhoods, and desks
- Buildings: This section is where your buildings will be displayed as separate entities and show you how many floors, neighborhoods, and desks are in each building. This is also where you can view your average daily occupancy (%) per building.
- Employees: This section displays the total number of employees, global and building admins, teams, and team managers
- Daily Employee Occupancy (%): This section will show you a graph of your occupancy levels measured by your daily bookings against your total number of employees. You can filter this section by clicking on the calendar icon at the top of the page and selecting any past date range
For building specific analytics click on the “Building” drop-down menu at the top of the page.
The Insights Building view contains the following:
- Building details: Shows the total number of floors, neighborhoods, and desks in the selected building
- Building bookings: Shows the total number of bookings, check-ins, and no shows* in your building. You can filter this section by clicking on the calendar icon at the top of the page and selecting any past date range
- Daily building occupancy (%): A great chart to understand which day of the week is most popular with your employees. The bar graph displays your total bookings per day vs total checked-in bookings
- Floors: Shows an overview of bookings, check-ins, and average daily occupancy (%) by floor
- Average daily neighborhood occupancy: Displays a color-coded bubble chart that shows all of your neighborhoods by floor. Hovering over any of the bubbles will show you the neighborhood name, floor name, and average occupancy. The larger the bubble the higher the usage of the neighborhood
For floor specific analytics click on the “Floor” drop-down between the calendar and building drop-down menu.
The Insights Floor view contains the following:
- Floor Details: Shows the total number of neighborhoods and desks in the selected floor
- Floor Bookings: Shows the total number of bookings, check-ins, and no shows* on the selected floor
- Daily Floor Occupancy (%): A great chart to understand which day of the week is most popular with your employees. The bar graph displays your total bookings per day vs total checked-in bookings on the selected floor. Hovering over any of the bars also displays booked capacity wasted
- Neighborhood: Shows an overview of bookings, check-ins, and average daily occupancy (%) by neighborhood. Hovering over the blue bar will show you average capacity booked, occupancy, and booked capacity wasted
- Average Daily Desk Occupancy: Displays a heatmap of your floor plan showing desk usage by daily usage. The darker the color the higher the usage. An easy way to identify underused spaces
For an understanding of all of the calculations present in the different Insight views, please see below:
- Total available booking Time = (Amount of time building is open for date range) * (the desks (in neighborhood/on floor/in building)
- Total booked time = (Sum of opening hours for selected date range)
- Average available booking time = Total available booking time / No. of days selected
- Average total booked = Total booked time / No. of days in date range
- Average occupancy (%) = (Average total booked Average available booking time) * 100
*No-shows are counted as any booking that was made but not checked in to. If accurate occupancy data is important to you then we recommend enabling the desk release feature to help encourage check-ins.
Please sign in to leave a comment.